View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 08:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irina View Post
pinkynose, you mentioned about stopping your sleep med and noticing change in twitching. Can you tell me how are you doing now? I also take sleeping pill (ambien) and wonder it some of my symptoms, including twitching, from it. Thanks.
Hi Irina
I'm doing pretty well being off Ambien. When I took the drug I would sleep 6 hours but then I'd be awake. Most nights now I will wake up more frequently but fall back asleep. Overall I am getting more hours of sleep most nights. I do not have the same feeling of tiredness the next day that I often had with the drug.

All my symptoms including twitching began lessening the 2nd day after I was off the drug. Burning was the one sensation that improved the most and all have been less until a recent flare. During that flare the days weren't so bad but the nights were intolerable especially psychologically because I thought I was on the mend.

Because my flare was upsetting me so badly I gave in and took an Ambien one night in order to escape. The next day my daytime sensations were awful. I hope to remember that so I don't do it again but I know I'm human and sometimes I just need out. At least i know what to expect now when I do.

Everyone is different and I don't know if quitting Ambien will improve your symptoms. I was on the drug off and on for 20+ years and it's not meant for long term use. I totally get what it's like not being able to sleep. Good luck!
pinkynose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote