View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 08:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

They generally want you at the office because of all the interaction that takes place due to the nature of the job. The other thing is the set-up I have there is AMAZING. I have two 30" Dell monitors vs. my one 21" monitor here at home. I also think I'll have the option of getting sit-stand workstation once I get in my permanent office.

This is a start-up high tech company, and just like the last one I was at, everyone is flying arses over elbows all day every day. I knew that going into it because I actually like being crazy busy, but I think this situation will put that to the test.

Music will help once I can get to the point that I don't need to be talking to my officemates all the time while in learning mode. Certain singers/albums have a real calming effect on me.

Pinkynose, the unlimited chocolate and candy everywhere doesn't present a problem, but the ever-present boxes of Cheez-its in the kitchen are horribly tempting. Orangey/cheesey food-like substances are my one of my favorite evils, and it takes every ounce of self-control to stay away from them.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote