View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 09:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
They generally want you at the office because of all the interaction that takes place due to the nature of the job. The other thing is the set-up I have there is AMAZING. I have two 30" Dell monitors vs. my one 21" monitor here at home. I also think I'll have the option of getting sit-stand workstation once I get in my permanent office.
Yeah, I totally get why they want you to come into the office - that whole human interaction thing. Hahahaha - at my work they don't understand the concept. My set up is different in that I don't work directly with many people in my office. I love having large monitors. I'm jealous, I only have a 24 inch monitor at work and at home, with my tiny laptop serving as screen number 2. I have an Ergotron sit-stand and it is fantastic. They have models that accommodate 2 monitor set-ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
Music will help once I can get to the point that I don't need to be talking to my officemates all the time while in learning mode. Certain singers/albums have a real calming effect on me.
I just bought an iPhone 6S, beats wireless headphones, and a subscription to Apple Music. I'm preparing for the fact that the next 5 months of my life are going to be super busy.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
janieg (09-30-2015)