View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 09:14 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default sinus communication after wisdom teeth extraction

Hi on 9/19 I had 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. 2 upper and 2 lower ones. Since the extraction I have had water coming out my nose whenever I rinse. Also on my right sinus i had a ton of pressure and pain which I thought was normal after an extraction. I went back to the dentist on 9/27 after not having the pressure/pain get any better and now have developed yellow dark mucus/disgusting smell in my nose. Whenever I rinse I still have water coming out my nose and I can feel it going into my sinus. Doctor took an x-ray and didn't even look at my mouth. Prescribed me Augmentin and peridex mouth rinse for a sinus infection. I was never given any instructions on what to do with my sinus perf/communication. When I asked he said it will heal and walked out.

1. I am currently on 3rd day of 10 day dosage of augmentin. When I rinse the water still pours out of my nose. How am I supposed to rinse? Do I just hold the salt water in my mouth? Or should I swish it hard back and forth? Should I stop rinsing since it is coming out of my nose? I'm worried I'm not letting the sinus hole heal by rinsing and having water go through it.

What steps should I take and what should I do?
markt1235 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote