View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 11:34 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi mark1235,

You need to see an oral surgeon for the proper evaluation. If this dentist is an oral surgeon, you need to see a different one. You have a moderate sinus perforation and it needs to be properly evaluated and treated. You can get very sick from this condition, so please do not wait to get the proper help. If you see someone new, you need to have your pre and post op xrays with you as this will help give a history.

Please check back with us.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt1235 View Post
Hi on 9/19 I had 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. 2 upper and 2 lower ones. Since the extraction I have had water coming out my nose whenever I rinse. Also on my right sinus i had a ton of pressure and pain which I thought was normal after an extraction. I went back to the dentist on 9/27 after not having the pressure/pain get any better and now have developed yellow dark mucus/disgusting smell in my nose. Whenever I rinse I still have water coming out my nose and I can feel it going into my sinus. Doctor took an x-ray and didn't even look at my mouth. Prescribed me Augmentin and peridex mouth rinse for a sinus infection. I was never given any instructions on what to do with my sinus perf/communication. When I asked he said it will heal and walked out.

1. I am currently on 3rd day of 10 day dosage of augmentin. When I rinse the water still pours out of my nose. How am I supposed to rinse? Do I just hold the salt water in my mouth? Or should I swish it hard back and forth? Should I stop rinsing since it is coming out of my nose? I'm worried I'm not letting the sinus hole heal by rinsing and having water go through it.

What steps should I take and what should I do?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote