Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 04:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Dancing Lady,

I am torn between wanting to offer you empathy or be blunt. I don't know enough about you to know what your life is like. I have NO psychological training so I can't "talk you off the ledge" and say all the "right" things.

Icelander wrote about "freedom" to choose and I respect that. I posted a response to you on another thread already on 9/5/2015 explaining my personal views and experiences.

I may one day feel as you do, that there is NO other relief than end of life. As already stated, we are ALL going to die one day and it is a matter of when and you state that you want to make that choice. That is your prerogative. I do respect that but there are always two sides to a coin.

It has been said that suicide is a selfish act. People have no regard for those around them that will be devastated by the loss.

Many times we think that decisions we make about our own lives is no one else's business. After all, it is OUR life, right? Well, that is one way to look at it. But that is not the entire story. Our actions have many ripple effects and affect others. We do not live in isolation with no effect upon others. We touch people's lives whether we mean to do so or not. You have touched people HERE. We may not know you but we actually DO care about you.

Do you have any family? What about them?

What are your health problems? Did I read that you have diabetic neuropathy? If that is the case, I have news for you. It CAN get better. Do I remember correctly that you worked in the health care industry at some time? Is the suffering you may have seen having any influence over how you are feeling?

While I respect that it is your life and your decision, I can't help but plead that you seek help to STAY ALIVE and improve your pain level, rather than seek help to escape what may be a temporary situation.

As I said, I do not know you or why you want to contemplate assisted suicide, but I urge you to seek help in the opposite direction and exhaust ALL avenues before you make any decisions. STOP looking for someone to help you DIE and START seeking help to LIVE a better and less painful life.

I hope you will read this post and think about choosing LIFE. Do you know for absolute SURE that an earthly death will end your pain and suffering? I don't think anyone knows that for sure. You are basing your death wish upon an unknown.

Personally, I will wait until I have no choice in the matter to find out what if anything follows life as we know it. I could change my mind in the future but once you decide to end it, you can't change your mind.

Please let us hear from you. We are here to help. Think about others. STOP dwelling on the negatives. I am sure there is something positive in your life.

Why do you think so many of us respond to your posts? We care about you.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-01-2015), barbo (10-02-2015), bluesfan (09-30-2015), EnglishDave (09-30-2015), Enna70 (09-30-2015), eva5667faliure (10-01-2015), ger715 (09-30-2015), katmae (09-30-2015), PamelaJune (10-10-2015), St George 2013 (09-30-2015), Wiix (10-01-2015), Wren (10-01-2015)