Old 09-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannietwoshoes View Post
I really am alone. in a town where no one knows me but a few other seniors in the senior apts I live in. I was diagnosed with light dementhia over 16 years ago. but it never got any worse. then I got better. now I am having the same symptoms again. going into another room and not remembering why when I get there., having anxiety if I have to drive anywhere. I even go to click from one thing to another on here and cant remember what I was going to click on. is there anyone who can help. I don't want to be put in a nursing home if I am not a danger to myself or others, but its really frightening when you have no family to turn to
You sound like you're having panic. Maybe you could play some games to get your mind off yourself and focus on other things. I share your fear of going out but I just have to because I don't have anyone either. I go into rooms and forget why all the time and I don't have dementia. That's the panic, you think the worst when you forget something, you probably are preoccupied, you are thinking too much. It's a scary world and a certain amount of fear is only normal. Listen to music, make something good to eat, go to the Y, if you have one and swim, get a pet, go for a walk if it's safe, journalize, draw. I can suggest more things if I can think of any. I just recently, am trying to learn how to play chess, not too successful at it. Eat a cookie.

You can PM me if you want.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (10-03-2015), EnglishDave (10-01-2015), katmae (10-01-2015), Lara (09-30-2015), St George 2013 (09-30-2015)