View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 06:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Pain in shunt site due to scar tissue

Hi,

I'm new to the site and this is my first question so I hope I'm doing it right! lol

I had my latest shunt revision back in December 2014. Since then I have experienced constant pain in my head around the shunt area. It feels as if someone punches me in the head daily.

I went to my Neurosurgeon, after several test and a consultation with a second Doctor they concluded it was scar tissue due to multiple revisions. Neither of them are comfortable taking out the scar tissue as it is so close to my brain and the risk for complications are very high. I tend to agree with them, I don't want to do anything until I have to do it.

I'm at my wits end trying to make the pain go away. Heat only makes it worse, oh so much worse! Pain medicine, thus far, hasn't touched it either. Cold helps for a while but who wants to go around with a cold pack taped to their head throughout the day?

I've seen several threads dealing with scar tissue pain in the abdomen but none related to pain in the head. Does anyone else deal with this or know someone who does? I need help on how to make the pain tolerable.

Thanks!
MaryMinenna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-30-2015)