View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 11:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannietwoshoes View Post
I really am alone. in a town where no one knows me but a few other seniors in the senior apts I live in. I was diagnosed with light dementhia over 16 years ago. but it never got any worse. then I got better. now I am having the same symptoms again. going into another room and not remembering why when I get there., having anxiety if I have to drive anywhere. I even go to click from one thing to another on here and cant remember what I was going to click on. is there anyone who can help. I don't want to be put in a nursing home if I am not a danger to myself or others, but its really frightening when you have no family to turn to
Hi granny shoes, I agree with the other posters you need to one make an appt with your Dr and get some clinical advise. You mention you are in a senior bldg and you should be able to make friends and go to social events. You need to find out if your insurance covers an aid to come in and help you. I would definitely find out all your options. You need to first make an appt with your Dr.

It may not be a good idea for you to drive a car. You may be eligible for meals on wheels or you may enjoy dining with the residence,
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (10-03-2015), EnglishDave (10-01-2015), katmae (10-01-2015), Lara (09-30-2015), Littlepaw (10-01-2015), St George 2013 (10-01-2015)