View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 01:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I changed my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinglady View Post
If I read any more negative, depressing, non-success, nothing a person can to fix or stop this problem in its tracks, hopeless posts on this forum I am going to start thinking about ending it. Everyone on the neuropathy forum talks about their pain, suffering, hopelessness, struggle. I am assuming that people who have successfully managed their illness have left the site. Everyday one more post talks about progression. One more post talks about not being able to control anything about the disease effectively. It sounds like I am in the very early stages and in a couple of months I won't be able to move and will be in so much pain I will suffer endlessly with no hope of relief. If this is my future there will be none. The reason I am posting here is because the moderators said that if I post anything about suicide it has to be here. HELP. Does anyone have a success story of getting better or is this just the start to my end. As one poster put it "self delivery". I am hoping the people on the site are the few not the majority of neuropathy sufferers. I guess people have their reasons why they want to stay alive with all of this horrible pain. I do not.
I posted earlier this evening on your other thread that I would remain silent hence forth but I have changed my mind after giving it some thought and re-reading the post you made when I first responded about a month ago.

Based on THIS post, would you mind sharing something with us about your neuropathic diagnosis, symptoms, and pain?

I respect your privacy and if you wish not to respond, I will certainly understand.

There is a BIG difference between diabetic neuropathy prognosis and the prognosis of PN from other causes and also of an idiopathic nature.

Many people here have idiopathic neuropathies, some from chemo, some from other drug induced causes. The types and causes of peripheral neuropathy are vast.

If someone has "diabetic" neuropathy, the prognosis is usually much better and the symptoms and pain greatly reduced by good control of blood sugar levels. Many have lessened their symptoms and even reversed the nerve damage.

If you have been diagnosed with "diabetic" neuropathy, your prognosis may be very good with proper medical treatment.

Do you know the cause of your PN? Are you diabetic? Are you levels under control? How long ago were you diagnosed? How long have you been experiencing symptoms? What are your symptoms? What body parts are affected?

Again, if you wish to keep this information private, I totally respect that.

We may be able to help with your PN pain based upon your response.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-02-2015), barbo (10-02-2015), bluesfan (10-04-2015), EnglishDave (10-02-2015), Lara (10-02-2015), mrsD (10-02-2015), Wren (10-02-2015)