Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 07:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinglady View Post
Isn't this suppose to be the place we can talk about our suicidal thoughts and feelings. Why all the guilt getting thrown into me.

Debi I am sorry you lost your husband. I never got 35 years with mine. I am sorry that for the last 3 months he wanted to be here. I worked in an ER so I have known many people in your husbands and your case.

We are both in the grieving stage just for different reasons. First I was an only child so all of my relatives are dead!!! My job is a quality control and enforcement. I impact people they don't want to see us coming. I am working with twenty years olds that would very much like all the older workers to get out of there. The faster we leave the better they would like it.
I'm not trying to guilt you into anything. I'm trying to show you the Light.

And yes this is the place to share suicidal thoughts and feelings but you seem to be acting upon those suicidal thoughts and that is where we come in.

If you will read any other threads on here that are similar to yours then you will see all these same people reaching out to that person.

I am so sorry you didn't have as many years with your husband or loved ones. But you have come to a community here that is a Family in every sense of that word. I have become so close to someone on here in less than a year that I plan on visiting her next year. How awesome is that ?

And I get the job.....for 26 years I worked in the quality and administrative claims dept for a carpet company. A dept I started all on my own because I had one manager that believed in me. When I left that dept had 9 people working in it. Talk about people that don't want to see you coming.....I got you on that and totally understand. I was laid off after 26 successful years because I'm a woman and I made too much money. The beloved owner of this very large carpet company died about 2 years prior to that and the 'young' ones came in to take over. Not family mind you and they didn't give a darn....just make more money. I lost a family when I left that place. I could have stayed in touch but I didn't.....they all showed up at my husband's visitation and funeral. Shocked I was and very humbled by their kindness after I'd shoved them away in Sept 2012.

So thank you for opening up a bit. That's all any of us want is to get to know you. You reach out and we reach back

Please keep posting and I'll keep reading.

Debi from Georgia
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (10-02-2015), Enna70 (10-02-2015), ger715 (10-03-2015), katmae (10-02-2015), PamelaJune (10-10-2015), Wren (10-02-2015)