View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 07:51 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Dancinglady,

I worked in Quality Management for a top Electronic Shielding Company and yes, it is not a popular job. But I went home every day knowing that, because of me, my clients, top Aerospace and Electronic Groups, were getting the best and my Company was expanding on the back of increased orders. I got flak from everyone from Sales to Supplies as I was seen to be working against the Company's individual employees when I picked up on mistakes and threw the book at people. Yet, due to Accreditation and Regulations, everyone knew, at the end of the day, that I was doing good.

No-one is trying to lay guilt on you. When one talks openly on a Forum about suicidal thoughts those of us who care, and who have been there, or have experienced the pain of loss, naturally will Post the opposite view. In 2012 my pain and Depression (I have Depressive Personality Disorder) were so bad I actually reached out to my Dr for help as I feared for my own safety. I have enough meds in my posession to take down an elephant. This is not like me, I am an Introvert, I share nothing (until I came here), but I went into Counselling.

This got me through the worst until my Therapist abandoned me due to not being able to cope with my Cancer dx. However, that same time I got the word that my Granddaughter was going to be born which gave me a whole new reason to continue.

Had I been a Member then, I know I would have received better support here than in Therapy. I did not want to end my life, I saw few options or reasons to continue. Yet I talked, difficult as it was, I found self-worth. I strongly believe this is what you need to do.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-02-2015), bluesfan (10-04-2015), Enna70 (10-02-2015), ger715 (10-03-2015), Hopeless (10-02-2015), katmae (10-02-2015), PamelaJune (10-10-2015), St George 2013 (10-02-2015), Wren (10-02-2015)