View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
I am sorry but I do not perceive the postings made in the same manner as you seem to do. I do not see people throwing "guilt" onto you. Could your perception be skewed?

The only thing I have seen are people reaching out to you, trying to offer help, trying to throw you a LIFE LINE, NOT guilt. People trying to allow you to see a brighter side. People trying to get you out of the dark hole that I feel you have fallen into.

We all experience moments (or longer) when we wallow in self-pity. We have good reasons for our self-indulgence into that state of mind.

People are trying to pull you from that frame of mind into one where life really can be enjoyed no matter what our afflictions, our tragedies, our history, our prognosis.

From the information I have gleaned from your posts, your physical ailments do not appear to pose a disastrous, never ending, painful prognosis. I can not address your psychological issues and prognosis, but from your listing of physical conditions, there is MUCH hope for recovery.

It is up to YOU, if you want to continue to wallow in self-pity or take control and improve your situation. From what I have read to date, there is much within YOUR control. The question is whether you want to take that control or not.

I REALLY do wish that you would make a choice to take control of your life and make it the best you can. You DO have that power.

Your lack of recognition at work, from your children, from outside sources is not what matters. YOU are what matters. YOU have to be your own best friend. The physical ailments you have mentioned can be managed. You need to work on your mental state if you want to find happiness. It is out there, you just need to want it and work toward obtaining it.

This is NOT to make you feel guilty but to tell you there IS HOPE.

Unless I missed the boat or you have not disclosed other physical ailments, you are NOT doomed to a life of pain and suffering.

Life IS HARD. Some are dealt really bad hands. As I said in a previous post, I am not going to attempt to go head to head on a tragedy contest with you. I am a very private person and very few know the life I have had and my tragedies. AND, I do not pretend to know yours. It is NOT a contest of who has had the worst life experiences.

There will always be someone much better off than you and also much worse. BUT, no matter where we may fall on the spectrum of suffering and bad hands in life, it matters more what we do with the hand we are dealt.

I am sorry for your suffering and have offered everything I can think of to try to assist you toward having hope and a better existence.

I am sorry if you do not like what I had to say in this post but I ask that you at least "think" about it. Please try not to read it with negativity. It is meant to be a positive message, a message of hope, a chance to think that there may be something to seeking self-worth and not being influenced by sources outside of yourself.

I want so much for you to have happiness and that IS within your capability.

Thank you for reading my post and I hope you will think about some of what I have expressed. It is from my heart.
your mindfulness
no price could match
the care you show
it is in sharing
and true to thyself
and situation at hand
we are human
and your humanitarian instinct
at its best
we need each other
and need to be open to responses
bottom line
we must give everything our all
and the rest will follow
with the strength of this community
love
me
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-02-2015), barbo (10-02-2015), bluesfan (10-04-2015), EnglishDave (10-02-2015), Enna70 (10-02-2015), ger715 (10-03-2015), katmae (10-02-2015), PamelaJune (10-10-2015)