Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 02:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinglady View Post
I am in the starting place of grieving my losses. I am asking for your patience. You may have been on this road for a long time. I am just starting. I have to tell you I do not believe there is happiness when you are told I am in the pain for the rest of my life. You have a new normal. I have just started. I worked in an ER I know what docs think of pain patients when they have come in as a frequent flyer looking for more medication. My experience is that we laughed and made fun of those patients. We avoided them like the plaque. We would sedate them with morphine just to get them to shut up. Sorry but this has been my experience in the ER. You all may be different but before coming here my knowledge was of above. I have asked several docs for pain medicine and I am refused. Just go home and live with it is what I am told. I can't get a referral to a pain doc because they want to handle it. My insurance requires referrals. I even called several pain docs who told me they don't treat my kind of pain. Maybe this explains better instead I am having a pity party.
Oh dear dancinglady thank you so very much for this post. You have our patience and our support all the way. We will never leave you.

Pity party anyone ? I've had many of them also. Sometimes I think they actually help me. Weird right ?

I have absolutely no earthly idea why your dr will not refer you to pain mgmt. That is truly what you need....not to just 'live with it'....sounds like it's time to find a new dr ? One with compassion and that will refer you ? They are out there. You just have to keep looking and fight for your right to this every step of the way ! You hear me ? Fight every step of the way...this is your life and they have no right to keep you from some pain relief.

My daughter in law (almost ex now...they signed the papers a month ago) works in the ER and her take is that they know the ones that keep coming for pills or shots and yes they give them to them to just get them gone. But they are compassionate for the ones who truly hurt and need help. They don't see people like us often and they want to help when they do.

3 years ago I lost my job.....a month later I had a 'normal' hysterectomy until the path report came back. I had a rare uterine cancer called Papillary Serous. It had not broken through the uterine wall but I still had to go through 6 rounds of chemo (taxol-carbo) resulting in this horrible SFN. I haven't really found my new normal yet as I have only been in pain mgt for a year. And now with the loss of my husband I don't know when I'll achieve my new normal but I'm going to give it a darn good try.

Thank you again for sharing. We're here to HEAR you and care very much about you. Hopefully you've realized that from all the posts people have made to you.

Here's a special hug just for you from me.

Debi from Georgia
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-02-2015), barbo (10-02-2015), bluesfan (10-04-2015), EnglishDave (10-02-2015), Enna70 (10-02-2015), eva5667faliure (10-02-2015), ger715 (10-03-2015), katmae (10-02-2015), PamelaJune (10-10-2015)