View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 02:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris85 View Post
Hi I am 28 years old and male, 9-10 months ago I started doing a bit more yoga than usual and I started getting tingling in my knees. It got worse, then spread to my arms. Lots of tingling, some sharp pains, typing and walking is often painful now. I don't have fatigue or brain fog etc. My rhumatologist ruled out arthritis with blood tests etc. He said I was just getting a bit stiff. I don't think he really got to the bottom of things. It seems to me this condition is very much like peripheral neuropathy or other neuropathies, so I am wondering about going back to my GP to ask for a referral to a neurologist... I was also wondering if it is worth taking b vitamins or lipolic acid for the nerve pains to see if this helps. I was vegetarian for 7 years and I am concerned I could be deficient in vitamins or something. Something went wrong anyway. Not currently getting much help with this. NSAIDs don't help. Would welcome any advice or comments. Thanks. Chris.
I had more gradual onset of tingling in legs and few months started in hands. Had lots of tests done, all negative, including NCS. Saw neurologist, had skin biopsy done. This was the only helpful thing: non-length dependent small fiber neuropathy. At least I now what it is. I would for sure suggest to see neurologist. Sometimes it can take for a while. Wish you best.
Irina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote