View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinglady View Post
I am in the starting place of grieving my losses. I am asking for your patience. You may have been on this road for a long time. I am just starting. I have to tell you I do not believe there is happiness when you are told I am in the pain for the rest of my life. You have a new normal. I have just started. I worked in an ER I know what docs think of pain patients when they have come in as a frequent flyer looking for more medication. My experience is that we laughed and made fun of those patients. We avoided them like the plaque. We would sedate them with morphine just to get them to shut up. Sorry but this has been my experience in the ER. You all may be different but before coming here my knowledge was of above. I have asked several docs for pain medicine and I am refused. Just go home and live with it is what I am told. I can't get a referral to a pain doc because they want to handle it. My insurance requires referrals. I even called several pain docs who told me they don't treat my kind of pain. Maybe this explains better instead I am having a pity party.
thank you for being honest
you confirm much of the stigma
that comes along with chronic pain
i worked the EMS Division of my town
and i concur how insensitive and immature
and inexperienced young ones are
they were kept in line when i was on the job
never to hear EDP or d-k
drove me nuts
as a recovering alcoholic
with much concern
love
me
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (10-02-2015), bluesfan (10-04-2015), ger715 (10-03-2015), katmae (10-02-2015), St George 2013 (10-03-2015)