View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

welcome sandy. i am sorry you have rsd but you found a great place for support and friendship. everyone here is so nice. i have had rsd for almost five years and it has spread to all of my limbs, stomach, mouth and head. i don't have it internally yet though i have alot of bone loss due to it and some trouble with my heart which i think is due to the rsd but the drs aren't sure. (but i think it's because of the rsd.)

i manage my pain by taking pain meds and gabapentin that my dr prescribes to me. i have extra pain meds for breakthru pain meds from my dr too. i also take advil sometimes and use voltaren gel that my dr prescribes for breakthru pain too.

i also take warm epsom salt baths and use a heating pad to help manage my pain. and a good cup of chamomile tea and cookies, soft jammies and a good comedy on tv help distract me from my pain a little.

i also do mild stretches that my pt prescribed for me to do at home like the putty ball and picking up marbles and typing a little to try to keep my initial rsd hand from atrophying any more then it has.

i hope that you are able to ease your rsd pain. a good pm dr can help alot to manage you rsd pain.

i am sending soft hugs your way. take care.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (10-16-2015), Littlepaw (10-02-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-03-2015), Russell (10-03-2015)