View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 04:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yeah, definitely been in a stressed state...

incidentally I've also gone ahead and had a full thyroid and pituitary blood profile done recently, still awaiting pituitary results while the thyroid returned everthing within range apart from one of the anti-bodies was very high (Anti-Thyroidperoxidase) which indicates I may be at risk from Hashimotos or Graves, where it appears the immune system mistakes the thyroid for being a foreign threat and attacks it. There is no way of telling how long these levels have been raised, it could be since the head trauma of a long-standing issue preceeding this.

Either way, the overall diagnostic assessment was that my thyroid function was normal but to seek medical advice if I felt I had autoimmune system symptoms.

I am unsure of the exact mechanism of how this would present and whether it would result in anything like what I am experiencing

I'm trying to not overthink this now and don't want to start diagnosing myself with the above illnesses based on my symptoms and Google, but I will definitely be heading to my GP once I have the full suite of results.
Ady_P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote