Thread: Newly Diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 05:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kanna,

Welcome to the forum! I have had petit mal seizures also called absence seizures for 43 yrs. My advice to you is to cut back on the carbs and starch foods and stay away from NutraSweet or any artificial sweetners. It has been proven that all of these can trigger seizures for many people.

You may want to start seeing an Epileptologist who is a Dr. that specializes in epilepsy. I have found seeing an Epileptologist instead of a neurologist a
lot better because the Dr. can find the cause of the seizures and find the correct prescription for you.

You should also keep a calendar and write down any time you have a seizures write down what time it happened along with a description of the seizure. By doing this your Dr. may be able to see a pattern in the seizures like what time of day/night they happen or what days of the month. Also write down when you start and stop your monthly cycle because hormones changing can often trigger seizures. Years ago I had brain surgery to reduce my seizures and I am very pleased. Check out the Epilepsy foundation e community and you can post questions there also and get help if you are interested. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (10-11-2015)