View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 06:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenD View Post
hey Sue, this is jen from oz just wondering, wouldnt an mri pick up on these liesions in the brain, or deep within the tissue, that test sounds pretty invasive to me, i'm asking due a the neuro i saw yesterday is giving me a take home 24 hour monitor eeg, as my episodes are mostly happening around period time,i had a totaly clear MRI, so why if i was having seizure wouldnt the mri show leisions as so many others do.
i thought the MRI was the best tool for viewing the brain?
just wondering thats all. thanks

Hi Jen,
I've had many MRI's which are great but the brain damage was so deep in my brain that it couldn't pick up anything on the tests. It wasn't until I had a veeg witht the electrodes on the brain that they were able to find all the areas that were causing sz. for me. Take my word I've had CT scans, spinal taps, MRI's, Pet Scan, Spect scan, and wada tests and nothing showed any detail like the veeg where the electrodes were right on my brain. The reason why they couldn't find anything is because the brain damage was so deep into my brain. When I had my last surgery the removed 75% of the RTL and had to leave the other 25% of it there because it was to risky to remove all of the RTL without a chance of me going blind or being paralyzed. That's why I still have sz. each month right around my period but it's much better than having 300 sz. a yr. like I used to. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote