Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 11:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinglady View Post
I am sorry for your loss and your ongoing struggle to keep your other son alive. All I can say is from a person who wishes she was dead. Sometimes life is just too hard for us and this is the only way. Your son may have come to that conclusion. Just know he is now in a better place for him. Yes some people say suicide is selfish but like me I have no in person people to be worried about after my death. I know all of you are here supporting me on cyberspace but when I am going thru all of the painful tests there is no one there to drive to hold my hand to give me a hug to give me a shoulder to cry on. I lay in bed by myself and cry my eyes out. I have a pillow for comfort not a person. Never had and never will. So my suicide may be selfish but I am all I have.
Being selfish is part of our human nature. Those who are encouraging you to live are being selfish also even if they don't realize it. They are selfish because they believe their views to be the right ones. This is natural and we all do it. But ultimately no one knows for sure what is right or what is wrong, we only have our selfish beliefs on the matter. And it's especially selfish IMO when we decide what is in the best interests of another.

IMO again, compassion, empathy, love is allowing others to make their own decisions and loving and supporting them even if their decision is not a decision we would choose for ourselves. Recognizing that we do not know how they feel and we do not know what is in their best interest.

I hope you find physical and emotional relief in whatever way you decide is best. I can give you my opinion but in the end I support your right as a free and separate individual to choose your own course in life and I expect you to do the same for me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (10-04-2015), dancinglady (10-03-2015)