Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 12:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Totally confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinglady View Post
I understand cyber caring. I am upset about real life caring. Two different ways that are not connected.
I am totally confused. Confused about your desires in posting on NT. Confused about what you are seeking. Confused about your frame of mind. Confused by your posts and responses to our posts.

I feel as some other posters, that my attempts to help just fall on deaf ears.

I have no idea of how to help or support you when I can't figure out what you are seeking.

Why are you here????

Are you seeking answers and information about your neuropathy?

Are you looking for someone to say, go ahead end it, we agree with you?

Are you looking for hope that you are NOT doomed to unrelenting pain the rest of your life?

Are you looking for someone to give you hope that your future is not as bleak as you imagine?

Are you looking for someone to comfort you?

You seem dead set (forgive the pun) to seek assistance to end your life so nothing we can say will comfort you. You do not seem receptive to the idea that things might get better in your life.

You say that the cyber caring is not good enough. You want REAL human contact and caring. We can NOT provide that. We ARE in cyber space as you say.

So, again, I am totally confused as to why you are here. I don't know what we can possibly do for you. I don't know how to support you.

Icelander has talked about your freedom to choose. I agree that YOU are in control of your destiny. And I mean that in the full sense of it. You can control your destiny in life as well as control if and when to die before your time has come.

You have received posts supporting you on ALL fronts. With your neuropathy. With your obvious depression. With your end of life choice.

What DO you want from us?

Like I said, I am confused.

I have empathy for you and the life situation you have expressed. It is very tough to feel so all alone. You are not the ONLY person in that type of situation.

Maybe I should shut up here but I have one more comment that may not be appropriate but I feel compelled to say it.

I do NOT think you are in the proper state of mind to make a life or death decision. While I agree, it is your decision, I think one must be psychologically sound to make it and I do not think you are in that state of mind.

Until I know what you seek from me and other members, I don't know what else to say. We have already responded to all the questions I posed.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (10-04-2015), EnglishDave (10-03-2015), ger715 (10-03-2015), katmae (10-03-2015), PamelaJune (10-10-2015)