Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 12:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Dancinglady,

What would you have us say in response to your Posts? You know most of us do not agree with your stance on suicide ideation as a perceived solution to a potential endpoint and will Post to try to make you see positives. This cannot change, it is altruistic Human Nature to protect another.

Would you rather we say nothing, leaving you calling plaintively into the Ether? That would be cruel.

These Forums are skewed in the direction of those who are seriously suffering and seeking help and support, along with the kind hearted who stick around and give advice even after they find a balance, or relief.

As you have visited the Forums you must have noticed countless past Members who have no further need for the services and support provided. One can extrapolate that many, many of these former Members are now leading happy, balanced, productive lives with their conditions under control.

There are countless Groups, Social Groups, Church Groups covering every topic and hobby where one can find appropriate company and friendship in the Real World. While you are still active is the time to take advantage of these services.

You are in the early stages of a condition that can be controlled by meds and your own actions. I firmly believe you need to be open about your current state with a Psychologist to work through this.

Forgive me for asking this - and do not answer if you do not want to - but, in your current position, do you now regret the attitude of yourself and your former colleagues in ER to pain patients, in laughing at them?

Dave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelander View Post
Being selfish is part of our human nature. Those who are encouraging you to live are being selfish also even if they don't realize it. They are selfish because they believe their views to be the right ones. This is natural and we all do it. But ultimately no one knows for sure what is right or what is wrong, we only have our selfish beliefs on the matter. And it's especially selfish IMO when we decide what is in the best interests of another.

IMO again, compassion, empathy, love is allowing others to make their own decisions and loving and supporting them even if their decision is not a decision we would choose for ourselves. Recognizing that we do not know how they feel and we do not know what is in their best interest.

I hope you find physical and emotional relief in whatever way you decide is best. I can give you my opinion but in the end I support your right as a free and separate individual to choose your own course in life and I expect you to do the same for me.
Thank you Icelander I appreciate your support and comments. I would never come on here and push my thoughts, opinions and beliefs on anyone. It is for each individual to decide what is right for them.

Last edited by dancinglady; 10-03-2015 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (10-04-2015)