View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Icelander,

Being selfish is a part of human nature? WRONG. This Forum, and others, would not exist, Charities, Aid, Government even Civilisation would not exist if that were the human norm. We, as a species, have been shown to be naturally altruistic.

When someone comes here, broadcasting to the World, that they are in pain, physically and emotionally, it is NATURAL to offer support and aid. To tell the World has to be seen as a cry for help. Otherwise, one slinks away quietly and the outcome, no matter what you believe, is too tragic for words.

Everyone has their beliefs, but if you think that this, or any Forum, is filled with selfish people then you have clearly missed the point by a Country Mile. Have you, personally, not received a single shred of benefit by being a Member here?

I have read your Posts on this matter and what you have said about your personal circumstances and understand where you may get your opinion from - much as anyone can understand another. But, for no Religious reason, simply from personal experience I truly believe EVERY life is worthwhile and should be lived to the fullest. There are too many who never get that chance for others to treat the Gift so lightly.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (10-04-2015), ger715 (10-03-2015), icelander (10-03-2015), katmae (10-03-2015), PamelaJune (10-10-2015)