View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 06:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default TIme to draw breath

I don't post much these days, but I do read....used to be called lurking on here..

I remember when I first stumbled on this forum some years ago and at first thought am I in the right place.....

Many of the good people on here had lost loved ones to suicide...and I was talking about my thoughts and attempts, I wasn't sure if I was accepted or understood.

I soon came to realise we are all struggling, just on different sides of the subject.

I,d like to think I learned the pain, my self demise would wreak havoc on the lives around me.

I,d like to think others accept and understand in my darkest times past and present I was I'll. And that was the sole reasoning of my thoughts and actions

Suicide is as taboo today as it was seven years ago....when I first started talking openly about it.
I still talk about... only this THursday in A + E

But guess what I went there because I truly just want the rubbish in my head to stop....I go there to draw breath, re group, feel safe, vent my spleen, and get re adjusted medication.

I see a psychiatrist two days later....who brings back hope it will pass and I crack on.

The recent conversations on here were very frank and IMO a bit heated,

Let's all remember, we don't live inside the heads of those who post on hear...we truly don't feel their inner angst and pain...
We can empathise but we cannot always fix or correct an individuals mindset. only that person can do that.

I have only ever encountered friendship love and understanding on here...sometimes tough love

Let's all rember on here we come here to share and support one and other, that's all we can do, some of our new members (and past ones) have other views on suicide....views some of us do not agree with.....but let's all for one moment stop and

DRAW BREATH.?...............

This subject is emotive...its sensitive....its serious....but let's be curtioius to each other. If we are ever to break the taboo...we need to talk rationally, and listen to understand.

Reminder to all posters though...the clue is in the name of the forum
SURVIORS of suicide

David

Last edited by DMACK; 10-03-2015 at 07:18 PM.
DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-04-2015), barbo (10-03-2015), bizi (10-03-2015), bluesfan (10-04-2015), dancinglady (10-03-2015), Diandra (10-04-2015), EnglishDave (10-04-2015), Enna70 (10-04-2015), eva5667faliure (10-03-2015), St George 2013 (10-03-2015), tied (11-13-2015), Wren (10-03-2015)