View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 09:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Ideopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Winter View Post
Try going to your doctor and explain the situation with having an idiopathic disease and say you want a full allergy screen (RAST, Allergen-specific IgE Antibody Test) as well as blood test that check for toxins or deficiencies, (lead, mercury, copper, zinc, etc...). There are also blood tests for mold and fungus, they are more specialized though. And not always covered, but why not ask? A good general practitioner will dig for you. Yeah, these tests often can come up negative (they did for me) and you could still have an allergy but it should be done regardless. Skin allergy testing isn't a bad idea either. There will always be something that comes up and they'll try to get you to go on immunotherapy which usually is an absolute waste of time. regardless, its good to know what things could set you off.

I say, with an "idiopathic" disease you need to tell the doctor to dig and search every corner, not gonna sit around waiting for something to progress. I tell my doctors, KEEP LOOKING! Idiopathic means they haven't found the cause is all. It's a BS name to say they can't figure it out.
C'mon, Patrick, let's be a little PC here. It's not BS, it's called euphemism.(yeah, right)
Sarge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-04-2015)