View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 09:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Posting as Lara... not mod.

icelander, I don't think David is saying that at all.
I read him asking for courtesy for one another.

I haven't seen members here trying to shame anyone or to shut them down. I'm wondering why you would think that.

What I have seen are dozens and dozens of posts by very caring and sensitive people who have tried to the best of their ability with the written/typed word to help others who appear to be suffering. What I have seen are posts by people who care. These people, all of them I call friends, have suffered such immense loss in their lives in one way or another that it has filled them with nothing but empathy.

Perhaps reading DMACK's post again may help you. He wasn't suggesting where people should post or not post. I certainly didn't read it that way. He's just asking for some respect and courtesy regarding an extremely sensitive subject.

It would be remiss of us as human beings to not try to understand or to help another who may find themselves in the depth of despair with life and on the very edge of a "cliff" when there may be alternative treatments or some type of help that might allow someone to feel better again.

Some of us know each other very well. Other times we really don't know each other at all, but if we sat here and told people to go away and kill themselves every time someone came here saying that's their intent, then there would be something very seriously wrong with us.
I asked only because I didn't understand what he was saying. I had no preconceived idea as to his intent.

And I never advocated anyone telling anyone to go off and just kill themselves and I wonder why you would post that to me when I'm advocating for an open discussion? In my mind an open discussion means everyone gets heard and considered as long as they are not abusive. I see nowhere in my posts where I advocate for anything else. My statement about not shaming was not pointed at anyone in particular but rather a general reminder for us all to respect all POVs, including ones we might not like or that conflict with our beliefs and that was what I meant there.
icelander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-04-2015), bluesfan (10-04-2015), dancinglady (10-03-2015), Diandra (10-04-2015), Enna70 (10-04-2015), eva5667faliure (10-04-2015), Wren (10-04-2015)