View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 09:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Pam,
I'm sorry but l laughed when I read your post.
We have you beat, a pile of bricks for our "new" front walk piled next to the garage going on 8 yrs! A tree fell thru our deck 2 yrs ago...we had the debris removed but the damaged railings, etc still there.

We all have that stuff around...you were so sweet because it is love for your husband that made you want to complete those tasks...so he wouldn't have to face them when he gets home. Pam, maybe accomplishing those tasks is the therapy he needs when he gets home. He is not going to have his old "crutches" and maybe being outside, doing tasks like that will be really helpful.

You have both gone through so much....both have grown and you are smart and know, his coming home sober, will be like a new life for both of you, and I can only imagine there is a lot of anxiety for both of you as you move into this new phase of your relationship.
Time to pat yourselves on the back for what you have been through.
I hope the center where he has been is helping families deal with the transition.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
What date is he coming home? Want to be praying for you both that day.
My best,
D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
DB still in rehab, 42 days sober and seems to be immersing himself in all available treatment. His journey to sobriety and self discovery has come at a costly expense.
Hard to believe he will be home in less than 10 days, the time has flown by. All the things I had hoped to do while he was gone remain undone; move the limestone retaining bricks for the wall out back, move the paving bricks to where they need to be put down, sort out the reticulation, repair the hole in the pond and blow vac the back yard. I told my work colleagues and they looked at me wordlessly, I went on to say I've grown up a lot lately, I realised I'm not well enough to do those things myself, in fact physically not at all. They looked at me in relief, big steps for me to really and truly admit I am no longer physically able to do these things, but I confess I did get the trolley out of the garage ready to begin the jobs.
Little wonder DB has felt like he has a load on, he has been wanting to do 3 of those jobs for the last 5 years. Imagine looking at those bricks and pavers everyday for 5 years wishing he had the energy but instead the energy went to fighting his demons, dealing with work, the animals, my shitty health and running round after my ever demanding family. Sinking into alcohol oblivion must have looked ever so inviting. Once he is back at work and we have some money coming in again, I am going to get the retic man in and a handyman for the yard jobs. DB is a perfectionist and perhaps he might enjoy giving the handyman a helping hand. Either way, they have to be done.
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-30-2015), eva5667faliure (02-09-2016), ger715 (10-04-2015), PamelaJune (10-05-2015), PurpleFoot721 (03-12-2016), RSD ME (06-22-2016)