View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 09:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMACK View Post
Hello Icelander

I used the forum name to draw all posters to the word survivor......

As I said at the start this forum way back in the past was aimed at those left behind by the completion of suicide by loved ones and friends...a place for people to talk.

Then over time people joined in, who had survived suicide attempts, and thoughts....

The whole focus was about Survival of this act.

About four years ago a very articulate man joined the forum and spoke openly about his thoughts on euthanasia.... he was very civil, but was equally adamant about his thoughts and no one would every change his view on life, or his own death.

I chaated and debated with him for some time, then realised....we had polar opposite views on the subject....and made my own descion to wish him the best with his life and I moved on with mine....

Stress is my biggest problem....having bi-polar....and I try like many others just to get by in life the best I can

I eliviate my stress at work by emerging my energy in helping others with their problems, I work with homeless people, many who have substance abuse issues, criminal convictions, and mental health problems.

I have done this work for twenty years

Do I tell alcolohics or heroin users to quit......hell no....I just remind them continuing will eventually kill them......I just offer alternative choices to live a less chaotic life.

My point about. The quote you noticed......

By deffinition survivors, want to survive..........when people talk of alternatives to that it can ...unsettle people.......
Maybe a forum on debating taboos might assist in this case.? But at present there isn't, one.....so at times we all need to be minfdull..that what we say can potentially be a trigger to others..

In the past people put up the trigger tag........then others would see this and not post if the subject was to sensitive to them.

Anyway thanks for your response and I hope I cleared up my perspective....

David
You did. Thank you. Sometimes the best path is to agree to disagree. Although I must say I find many things you post things I fully agree with.

Last edited by icelander; 10-04-2015 at 10:19 AM.
icelander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-04-2015), barbo (10-04-2015), bizi (10-04-2015), bluesfan (10-04-2015), dancinglady (10-04-2015), Diandra (10-04-2015), DMACK (10-04-2015), eva5667faliure (10-04-2015), ger715 (10-05-2015), St George 2013 (10-04-2015), Wren (10-04-2015)