View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

IBR,

Are you taking any meds ? SSRI's can cause postural rigidity and jaw clenching. PCS can cause it too. I was a jaw clencher and had a miserable time with postural rigidity.

I held my upper body so tight that I developed a 40 to 42 inch chest from a 36 to 38. I could not fit most of my clothes. I take gabapentin an hour before bed now. It lets my body let go. I take 600 mgs but had to take 1200 mgs in the beginning. The rigidity issue caused be to often hold my breath and then feel short of breath.

I was really messing up my TMJ.

Something else that help was very comfortable sleep clothes/pajamas and a comfortable bed/pillow. I needed to be able to feel like I was floating over my bed. Sort of a tactile derealization. I use all cotton pajamas, microfiber sheets and a heavy blanket that give me a snugged up feeling. There are weighted blankets for people who need more of this snugged feeling.

Now, I have a sleep posture that I can lay in and be asleep within 2 minutes or so. I wake up in the same position 6 hours later. I found that I need the sense of a soft pillow case against my right cheek. (not my left)

It seems complicated but for me, IT WORKS. Yay.

It is worth the effort to figure out these issues.

From what I figured out, my body senses every little tactile sensation and responds to it by tensing up. It was like waking up from a gym work-out. My lats would be sore. My abs, too. I had a great six pack.

This works for me. I wish you the best at finding your solution.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
injuredbutrecoverin (10-05-2015)