View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

lilyNYC,

You have a legitimate claim against the driver's auto insurance company. Don't feel like it would be disloyal to your friend. The insurance company just looks at it as a number. The driver's policy covers the occupants of the car you were in and the other car(s). That is a big part of why we are required to carry auto insurance, so those in our car are covered if we mess up.

Most auto policies have a coverage called 'medical payments.' It is usually $5000 or so. It is a no fault coverage for medical care. It does not cover lost wages or pain and suffering, just the cost of medical care/deductibles and co-pays.

Try to relax when you get a comment like derealization, etc. They are just temporary conditions, not permanent diagnoses. The time issue is common and goes away as our brains heal. It can be part of the anxiety we experience. Anxiety messes up the time clock in our brain. I think it has more to do with focus and memory. Things that we would have remembered doing in the morning built the time span like a stack of bricks. When we do not focus on the morning activities even though we do them, some bricks go missing. It can help to use task lists. That way, we notice all the things we did and develop a sense of time for that period.

Remember the old saying, " I just lost track of time." It happens and is not a big deal.

My best to you.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (10-05-2015), seth8a (10-04-2015)