Thread: Outisde help
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 12:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Denise,

I have been wondering about this information myself for quite some time. Thankfully, I do live with my husband who has been an absolute Godsend through this whole thing. He has been there to do everything that I can not do anymore. If it were not for him, I am not sure if I would be able to make it to any of my doctors appointments myself. I often wonder what I would do if he was not around anymore.

I am sure that there are plenty of others here that will be able to answer this more accurately than I can, but here is what I can tell you from my own experiences. For around the house work, check with your church or local high school to see if they have any volunteer programs that help those who are not able to do the work themselves. When I was in high school, I was a member of the student government that did this every fall and spring. Check with your state's Department of Human Services. Most state programs have a very low liquidable assets limit so it is very difficult to get into these programs unless you are below the poverty line. You mentioned that you are almost 62. When you reach 62 you can qualify for retirement programs but at a reduced rate. I am not sure, but I do believe that you would then qualify for Medicare which will cover in home nursing if your GP feels that it is your only way of receiving proper and necessary medical treatment. There is also SSD and SSI. Others here know so much more about this than I do which is nearly nothing. I do know that once you have been on SSD for 2 years or more, you can qualify for medicaid which I believe will cover in home nursing if it is too difficult for you to make it to your doctor.

I hope this helps a little.

Alaina

Last edited by PurpleFoot721; 10-04-2015 at 01:09 PM. Reason: More information
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cdwall (10-04-2015), Enna70 (10-04-2015), Littlepaw (10-04-2015)