View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 02:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello and Welcome Kennedy,

I am so sorry you had to come join us but it is a soft place to land. Your doctor was wise to point you this way. It is a great place for sharing and support. We have an active group on the RSD/CRPS subforum and members are always chiming in with their experiences, victories, frustrations and questions. Please come see us and say hello. There are many of us who arrived here as a result of issues with our feet. You'll also find many who have been the surgical route, self included.

The beginning is a difficult time, filled with loss, fear and confusion. We all understand and have been there. My best advice is to keep active to the degree able, gentle movement is important for recovery, get in the pool if you need in order to exercise. Whatever keeps you moving without causing CRPS to flare is great. Find a doctor who understands this and is willing to try different things. Hang on to your recovery like a bulldog and don't give up on yourself or your body. Progress does come. I spent many, many months on crutches and now walk at least a mile a day, sometimes more.

A great resource is this video by Dr. PRadeep Chopra "CRPS Diagnosis and Management." It is non-doomsday and filled with practical info on therapies, treatments and things to avoid. The video is 2 hours long and will answer a lot of questions. Finding reliable info can be challenging and this is a good start.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s3LKhOZ8mAM

Hang in there, we are rooting for you.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (10-04-2015), RSD ME (10-04-2015)