View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 07:39 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I hate that my first post in days is going to come across as criticisng another member, but I feel I must speak out:

Artist. You aren't the first to "move" a post to another thread in order to see it receive more attention, but like Mike in a different context, I'm not comfortable with this as a growing trend.

A major problem is in the fact that the new thread begins with "reply to...(original poster); I think I would feel distinctly uncomfortable the first time this happened to me.

Also, the "transferred" post would have words that can't really be understood outside the context of the original thread; without that context, the whole post carries an air of being disjointed, confusing. This wouldn't be true every time, but I think it safer to err on the side of caution when thinking of "transferring" posts.

Also, its hijacking!!! Yup, the moment you post that link, you are inviting others to move someplace else, someplace they never would have thought of without the link sitting there. Some would probably continue reading the thread to the end, then return to the link, while some wouldn't.

Does one have to hijack an entire ship? Or would a mere lfeboat be sufficient?

Having had my say, I hope I haven't offended anyone (especially dear friends); I hoped my ideas might help clarify some possible issues that might not immediatly come to mind.

I don't plan to make this a campaign issue, this is far from any hill I might choose to die one, I just wanted to give my thoughts...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote