View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 04:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travsearle77 View Post
Hi all, in the beginning stages of getting a diagnosis, I'm a 38 year old male, had been Olympic weightlifting for a few years, developed some ulnar nerve entrapment in my arm that eventually resolved. After a couple months off I returned to lifting only to stop again after experiencing what has been a prickling and burning sensation in my neck, my upper back around the shoulder blades, under my armpits, and occasionally onto my chest. It feels a lot like a sunburn that obviously isn't there. Also developed some transient tingling/numbness in my hands. Affer many years at a desk and sleeping with arms overhead, etc, TOS got suggested as a possibility, along with a cervical disk issue. Does this prickling pain and the locations sound familiar to anyone? I'm just trying to get a better idea of what to expect next week at docs/neuros. Thanks in advance.
Hey man. Only 20 here but I have a similar background: weightlifting and desk work. I have similar symptoms. My symptoms are the worst in the mornjng, and I can reproduce the "soreness" just by depressing and retracting my shoulders, which has now become nearly impssible to do. I know how to do it from benching form, but the pinching becomes too intense in that position. How about you? Does the position of your clavicle have any bearing on your symptoms?
jackb55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote