View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 11:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlern View Post
hi-I am new to the site.have been suffering with stenosis for 5-6 years. syptoms include numbness and tingling in feet 24-7. Some numbness in legs, weakness in left calf, neck pain numbness in neck and fingers. Symptoms seem to be getting worse. I am considering surgery-have thought about Dr. Jho @ Allegheny hospital in Pittsburgh. Would appreciate some help as to how to go about assessing what would be the right treatment. Internist says no surgery, Neurologist says to wait. Neurosurgeon wants to operate , anterior foraminotomy, complete with fusion .HELP-art
Dr Joseph Maroon out of UPMC is an excellent neurosurgeon out of Pittsburgh, Pa.
He operated on my lumbar spine, Laminectomy L4-L5 with fusion. Using my own bone with Tru-Fusion. It is minimally invasive surgery. Less blood, less pain, less down time.
I would highly recommend that anyone looking to have surgery get a second or third opinion.
I saw a neurosurgeon near town, he said oh you don't need surgery, gave me the conservative treatment. Been there done that. I saw Dr Maroon, what a difference. He sat down and explained to my husband and I what was going on with the mri. Put it in layman's terms. You definitely need surgery or you could lose the use if your left leg and if your bowels, which it already was affected. Also my nerves were being strangled. Called it Claude Equine. Had surgery last year. Better than ever!.
Strhuntrss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote