View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 05:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default After reading for days...

I'm sitting thinking I have probably had issues for sometime but ignored them as from my back or whatever.
My house seems to have contributed to my exposure to lead and what it does I'm not sure but it's not good for me.
My family have thyroid problems, my mums didn't work properly as a child and gave up completely in her 30's. My gran aunt mum great aunt etc all have b12 supplements either by injection or tablets, my brother has other b vitamins.
My great aunt had MS and died when I was younger.
My mum has pemphigus (mmp) my son had ITP and my daughter has Raynauds and my dad type 1 diabetes.
I have taken ppi for years for the side effects of naproxen/volterol/brufen as they made me sick to the stomache and gave me awful pain. After two years of being anaemic ( was 6.4) they took me off all anti inflammatory meds.
I was given lyrica and amitryptiline which made me very dizzy and spaced so they changed it to nortyrptiline but I couldn't cope with the balance issues, it was put down to my head injury expanding the effects, they wanted me to take anti sickness things for vertigo but I chose to not take the nortriptiline because I don't like taking drugs for side effects of drugs.
So now I'm on lyrica and solpadol ( paracetamol 500/codeine30) and have been for about 4 years I take 100mg morning and night and take solpadol up to four times a day as required.
I'm a bit baffled really as I am getting the electric shock pains first, then the constant tingle pins and needles, I got it in the saddle area first then my feet. I got the pains then loss off control of bladder and not constant control of bowel, then the feet started with the shocks pins needles burning, joint pains in big toes, pain increased in middle three toes as big toe went numb then outside of sole of foot started burning. I have nerve pain in my face which started after I got injured by a child at work.
So with already being medicated could I have missed the early signs? My rubbish genes seem to point the finger at B12 may be the problem.
So reading and chatting to my mum seems I may be getting to the bottom of it.
My mum had neurological issues for years and it was put down to her bad back from lifting my brother for years, she finally got an endocrinologist this February and is being sorted out with vit d b12 and t3 and t4. She is feeling so much better. I hope I get a quick fix.
Really feeling hopeful now and not worried so much about the appointments and tests. I know I can get b vitamins without a prescription so am a lot more relaxed 😊
Blairzo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote