View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 05:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi D, he gets home on the 12th. I'm so looking forward to seeing him. Thank you for the photos I love looking at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diandra View Post
Pam,
I'm sorry but l laughed when I read your post.
We have you beat, a pile of bricks for our "new" front walk piled next to the garage going on 8 yrs! A tree fell thru our deck 2 yrs ago...we had the debris removed but the damaged railings, etc still there.

We all have that stuff around...you were so sweet because it is love for your husband that made you want to complete those tasks...so he wouldn't have to face them when he gets home. Pam, maybe accomplishing those tasks is the therapy he needs when he gets home. He is not going to have his old "crutches" and maybe being outside, doing tasks like that will be really helpful.

You have both gone through so much....both have grown and you are smart and know, his coming home sober, will be like a new life for both of you, and I can only imagine there is a lot of anxiety for both of you as you move into this new phase of your relationship.
Time to pat yourselves on the back for what you have been through.
I hope the center where he has been is helping families deal with the transition.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
What date is he coming home? Want to be praying for you both that day.
My best,
D.
DejaVu (10-30-2015), Diandra (10-08-2015), eva5667faliure (02-09-2016), ger715 (10-05-2015), PurpleFoot721 (03-12-2016), RSD ME (06-22-2016)