View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 09:00 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have some questions here.

I am a Type 2 diabetic male ,41 from India.

I am currently taking Glimepiride 3 mg in divided doses and Metformin 2500 mg per day in divided doses.

I have questions on some drugs.The reason I am asking these questions is -
In India,the common man is not aware of side effects/problems due to drugs.He just takes what the doctor gives.

1) Is Pioglitazone safe ? I suppose it is banned in France.

2) Are Januvia(Sitagliptin) and Trajenta(Linagliptin) both DPP4 inhibitors safe drugs ? I have read on numerous websites and heard about umpteen number of million dollar lawsuits from these drugs because they have caused serious pancreatic cancer resulting in death in as less as 2-3 years ?

3) Also there is an injectable Victoza (Liraglutide). My doctor had advised me this for sugar control, and also possibly weight loss(i am obese).I have seen websites devoted to Victoza lawsuits in USA resulting in million dollar compensations. It too has caused Thyroid tumours and deaths in many cases.

These drugs are available in India. In India most people would never ever know what caused the cancer.Most people are illiterate. Again nobody would dare to sue a big pharma company in India because people here are poor. Legal hassles are expensive.In India,the judges are EXTREMELY corrupt. They can go to any extent for money. The pharma company may pay money to the corrupt judges and get everything done in their favour. In Indian judiciary,you can easily win a legal case if you have money. Money is all that matters.

So it is always better to make an informed decision rather than repenting afterwards. That is why I have asked you these questions.

Amit.
amitsa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (10-05-2015)