View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi Tb,

You have been, and are still, going through a huge amount of uncertainty and loss. It is understandable that you feel anxious and have the classic symptoms of Depression. Many of us here understand that, chronic pain/illnesses and Depression tend to feed off each other.

I do believe you are doing the right thing by seeing a Psychologist. It does take time to see benefit and you may even have to change Therapists to find one whose personality and techniques match your needs, but I am sure you are on the right path. Perhaps, if you feel that talking is not enough, it is time for you to bring up the subject of antidepressants. Personally, I am on Mirtazapine due to my Depressive Personality Disorder leaving me prone to severe Depression what with my pain and health issues.

What we can offer here is a place for you to vent, or express your worries, to friends who know from experience exactly how you feel. Look on it as Group Therapy without guidance and without the Anxiety of interacting on a personal level.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (10-08-2015), Littlepaw (10-07-2015), Vowel Lady (10-16-2015)