View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 09:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The half life of gabapentin is 6 hours with a range of 5-7 hours. The analgesic effect may last longer. That's usually why they load you up good at night when the side effects won't hit you so bad and have you take less during the day. At least that's what they did for me. I have bad dizziness with it, probably made worse by having bad dizziness with POTS. Grogginess, brain fog, most of the symptoms everybody else has.

After my first ketamine infusion it knocked my pain level down so well I got completely off of it. I titered myself down over about two weeks depending on how I felt. I was on 2400 mg a day. I didn't have any trouble getting off of it. I was much less dizzy so that was a big benefit.

I was off of it a couple of months. I eventually had to go back on a small dose at night due to migraines. However, my PM docs wanted me back on it for my CRPS even though I wasn't having enough pain to justify it in my mind. So since I'm back on it, I'm just trying to take the least amount I need to control symptoms yet stay functional. As in, can drive some days.

So anyways, I didn't think it was a big deal to get off of. Just give yourself some time. But I echo LittlePaw's question about why you want to?

Denise
cdwall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-05-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-05-2015)