View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Amit,

Personally, I am one that is usually very reluctant to agree to a "NEW" medicine on the market as I believe that many problems will not show up until long periods of time have elapsed.

The one I mentioned is an insulin, basically just in a more concentrated form, from what I understand.

The two drugs that you are currently taking are "old timers" that have proved themselves over a very long time period. I have taken both of them myself. I am currently on insulin AND oral meds.

Personally, there are some "classes" or "types" of diabetes oral medications that I am not willing to try based on the mode of action in the body OR because they are too new for me to want to play after market "guinea pig".

I have some additional comments, but I need to look something up first. I will return in another post a little later.

I can't think of the name of one of the newer drugs that works by having your kidneys excrete some of the sugar. Now that is one for sure that I don't want to try. The kidneys have enough to deal with just from the diabetes, I don't want to have them injured more by the actions of that particular drug. I could be very wrong, but that is just my personal opinion. I have been seeing it advertised on television a lot recently but can't recall the name at the moment.

Will return with more information soon.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote