View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 01:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Pioglitazone is (Actos) in the TZD class.

You probably know everything I have mentioned already, but maybe other members may find this information helpful.

Someone mentioned another drug to me recently. It is part of the Victoza family but is designed to provide greater weight loss than Victoza alone. I believe it is a combination injectable. Not sure. I need to see if I can find the name of it.

You seem to be very well informed on the drugs, their classes, and their potential harms and side effects. There are NONE without any risks. It is usually a matter of weighing the risks of the drug over the risks of not being on the drug, or the risks of one drug vs another. A lot depends on an individual and what risks they are willing to take.

I am always reluctant to take any medication that I feel (rightly so or not) puts me at too much risk that I am not willing to take. That is why I try to stick to the older drugs, but that is just ME. Don't mis-understand, there are times when I DO take NEW drugs.

Some of it boils down to personal choice and your physician. Keep in touch.

I will see if I can find the name of the weight loss drug of which I heard that is a brother to Victoza.

Until then, wishing you the best in your quest for a drug that will be in YOUR best interest.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote