View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hyperbaric oxygen for wound care

I searched the forums for this topic, but did not find much related to HBOT as a treatment for open wounds. I have been dealing with an ulcer on my toe for nine months which waxes and wanes but never heals. Now I have a crater-like sore on the ankle bone of the same foot from a small skin cancer biopsy site which hasn't healed in five months. Circulation tests were fine, but with no small nerve fibers in my feet there is little hope for healing. Surgery to correct the underlying issue is out of the question since that would be unlikely to heal as well.
Now my podiatrist wants to turn me over to the wound center for HBOT. Everything I have read seems geared to diabetic wound care. My neuropathy is hereditary. If anyone has experience with HBOT for wound treatment or an informed opinion I would really appreciate hearing it. The expense will be mostly covered by insurance but it still seems like a huge investment of time and money for something that may be another wasted effort. Thank you.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (10-05-2015), St George 2013 (10-05-2015)