View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 03:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had an abdominal wound that required special wound care for many months (several years ago). They considered HBOT, but after extensive treatment, it finally healed on it's own so I didn't need the HBOT.

It seems logical that diabetics have a hard time with wound healing due to reduced nerve fibers (especially in extremeties) and I know that this was the majority of patients using the HBOT while I was in the wound care center. It was very helpful and really only good option for these patients. Since I was being considered for HBOT, they did discuss its effectiness with me and apparently it has a great success rate (compared to traditional wound care).

Sorry I don't have more to offer, but the impression I got from watching patients use it over the months I was being treated in the wound center and the comments about it's effectness from the staff all were very positive.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (10-05-2015), KnowNothingJon (10-05-2015), mrsD (10-05-2015), St George 2013 (10-05-2015), Susanne C. (10-05-2015), zkrp01 (10-06-2015)