View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 06:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hello All,

I just wanted to share how much I appreciate the inclusiveness of our forum. We hail from many places and many backgrounds but share our struggle for health and wellness. We may not always agree on things. Sometimes we will in general be negative, defensive, irritable or easily upset. We are people with daily challenges. Sometimes this will come out in our posts. It is human nature to flub up on occasion.

Last week, I was a little sharply frank about my opinion on study sample size. I could've handled it differently but I don't think the poster took it the wrong way, partly because of our posting history, partly because I think they understood where I was coming from and partly because we cut each other breaks. This is a good thing because you never know exactly where someone is at on any given day. Last week I was hopped up on steroids and under tremendous family stress (mentally ill sibling perilously close to homelessness and having a non-hospitalizable breakdown). I certainly didn't contain that all the time and in fact fell apart crying at my piano lesson because my sweet teacher was out and I had a really unkind substitute who asked me to play the same measure over and over again. I had the notes right but not the crescendo, geez... It was not a week I could handle that. I go to have fun after all.

I think it is great that we have a place where we can present the many facets of ourselves and our opinions (within the rules of course). I appreciate that there is room for this and that the overall milieu is one of acceptance. This forum benefits immensely from the broad range of opinion and experience that gets expressed herein. The conversation is richer for having many voices.

Well Said, though people are not benefited by a poster beating someone up just for the sake of opinion. Yes, everyone is human. And it is wonderful to cut people very appropriate breaks. That is great stuff. But this site can't be about taking it out on my neighbor just because I have CRPS either. Each of us is still very responsible for our actions. And it is responsible of us to hold each other accountable for what we say to one another. Otherwise it just becomes a little kingdom that everyone must bow down to or leave. And that serves no one's best interest.
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (10-05-2015), visioniosiv (03-01-2016)