View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 07:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I really want to thank everyone for responding. I had no idea there was this much experience on here with HBOT. This is exactly what I hoped ( and needed) to hear. I am so discouraged by what we have gone through since February with this, complete off loading, AFO braces to try and change my gait, weight gain from less activity, sores worsening and even beginning to mirror image on the left toe from more activity, repeated infections, that I just didn't believe anything would help. They finally found the cause, a small shell-like layer of bone building up on the ends of the toe joint pressing from the inside out and a weight distribution that is exclusively on heels, balls of feet and big toes. The mid part of my feet don't touch the ground at all, the arch and instep are so contracted The braces stabilize me and reduce the fall risk but do nothing for the weight distribution.
I understand why they stress diabetic neuropathy, it is the great majority of cases, but I think it marginalizes those of us with the same pain and risks from other causes.
I am sorry for the pain and suffering that are responsible for the knowledge echoes and enbloc so generously shared, but i really feel a lot more positive about this after reading what everyone has contributed.
Thank you so much. It seems like such a trivial thing compared to so many other problems but I start each day by cleaning bandaging my feet since February 5th. The thought of not having to do so seems unbelievable.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (10-06-2015), en bloc (10-05-2015), Hopeless (10-05-2015), KnowNothingJon (10-06-2015), St George 2013 (10-05-2015), zkrp01 (10-06-2015)