View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 12:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Enjoy the school holidays. I'm not sure where you are situated but the weather here is just gorgeous. The down time will do your son a lot of good as well. I'm hoping that something comes up in the school zone too.

You take care there.
Thanks Lara, we are in Melbourne. End of school holidays was enjoyable with lot's of my son's friends visiting. Now school has started back we have had some warm weather and he went to a friends for a swim after school, unusual for October in Melbourne. Yesterday, we went to see a house in the school zone but it was so expensive and in very poor condition not currently livable. There is a more affordable house just out of the school zone which is in really good condition auctioning Saturday. It would involve a complicated option of renting in zone and then renting it out. We're trying to see if we can make this happen but I think sadly we'll run out of time for this particular house. There's no point buying it if he hasn't been able to get a place in the school first. Houses and rentals in the zone have been so few this year and the prices have been pushed up by negative gearing and international buyers as it is a popular investment area. I'm hoping somehow it will all work itself out and we'll find a way.

Appreciate your prayers, thoughts, concerns Booklover
booklover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-29-2015), Enna70 (10-06-2015), Lara (10-06-2015), RSD ME (10-06-2015)