Thread: Fat loss
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 01:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi,

The diet in western countries is entirely different from India.

Let me tell you about my background. I am a Hindu by religion. I am a pure vegetarian. Majority of the Hindus do eat meat(other than beef) but my caste/sect does not allow it. In my caste,it is prohibited to eat any type of meat or even egg. It is considered a serious sin because you are killing the animal.

Killing any animal (even a small ant) is considered a sin. It is permitted however for self defence.eg say a tiger attacks you ,then you are permitted to kill the tiger.

Cow is regarded as equivalent to God in India. Cow slaughter is considered a serious crime by ALL Hindus.In fact ,in my state in Mumbai, beef has been banned officially around 7-8 months back. If somebody is caught killing or slaughtering a cow,buffalo (particularly a cow) or even in possession of beef , the person is liable for five years or more imprisonment and/or fine. Cow milk is considered good and recommended
because you are not killing the cow by deriving her milk.

I have never eaten ANY TYPE OF MEAT(any animal food other than cow milk) in my entire life,be it beef,chicken,pork,lamb or fish. I am deficient in proteins because of this and hence carnitine. Also I was low in B12 once but I am taking tablets to rectify it.

The only protein sources I can think of are plant sources - chickpeas,soyabean,soy milk, pulses,legumes,whole grain and lentils.
amitsa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-06-2015), EnglishDave (10-06-2015)