Thread: I've had enough
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 08:52 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Julie,

Pain is exhausting and wrecks emotional havoc. Recovery often comes in tiny incremental stages, which is frustrating when you wanted to be better weeks ago. But you will make progress. 80% of people with CRPS improve over time. Please do come when you need support. That's why we're here. The simplicity of a kind word and knowing you are not alone has tremendous power. We are with you.

Aquatherapy is great and I hope it brings you the kind of progress you deserve. It did wonders for many of us and is often the best place to start. You will be able to do things in the pool that you can't do on land.

I am going to put my usual plug in here for getting nerve injuries checked out. I know, I know...I say it all the time. But it is the most important rule out and even Dr. Chopra says it needs evaluation. It can cause CRPS all on its own or mimic it. If you do not make progress, there is a peripheral nerve program at LSU. It is one of the few training places for these problems. So if you don't get anywhere maybe consider a consult with those guys. Most people won't need this but for those that do it is life changing.

I'd like to jump in too on mirror therapy which has mentioned recently by some members. I personally found it to be helpful. Functional MRI studies show changes in the brain's representation of the affected limb. Mirror therapy can help combat this. I felt for myself that it was just nice to give my brain a normal looking representation of my leg. There are many ways to accomplish the mirror therapy. I have a mirrored closet door in a bathroom so it was super easy.

I hope you feel better soon. And hang in there, it does get better!
Sending hugs and healing love,

Shine Your Bright Light

Last edited by Littlepaw; 10-06-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-06-2015), EnglishDave (10-06-2015), Enna70 (10-06-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-06-2015), RSD ME (10-06-2015), St George 2013 (10-06-2015), stillsmiling (10-06-2015), tigerlily7777 (10-06-2015)